Saturday, January 14, 2012

Prelude

All proper blogs (must) begin with the proper introductions. So here it is...

My name is Pavlos (or Paul if you prefer the English version) and as you may have guessed I work as a software architect / designer / programmer (I promise to dedicate one post elaborating on the aforementioned characterizations). My primary working experience stems from European research projects mainly revolving around Information Retrieval. In the context of those projects I became familiar with a wide range of computer science areas, from Web Services, Service Composition to Query Processing/Optimization and Artificial Intelligence. Due to the needs of my recent work, I have also invested on designing and building secure infrastructures (PKI).


So, what is this blog about? Well... I'm definitely not trying to sell anything, advertise myself or find a new job. I certainly don't want to give any advices on technical issues or any state-of-the-art solutions to specific problems. There are plenty of sites for that and many people more experienced that me. This blog is (as the title denotes) a recording of my daily life as a programmer. Don't worry, all posts will revolve around IT and not my diet or comments about the Rosie's nip-slip and Jason's reaction. I'll write about my experiences in designing and building computer systems, debugging ancient pieces of code (mostly mine) and grumbling about the programming tortures. In the vast majority of cases, the focus will be on Java-related technologies

I have the aspiration that this will not be a one-way experience, meaning that I'd love to have some feedback on my writings (e.g. corrections, objections or even statements of compassion). In any case, I hope it goes well...

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates

P.S. I will close all my posts with a famous quote, beginning with a top hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment